Friday, June 24, 2011 12:52 - 17 Comments
Democratization is the transfer of any kind of power
from the few to the many and it begins with knowledge and information.
Nothing is causing more of a stir in the alternative currency community than a new form of money known as Bitcoin. Some are calling it the most dangerous innovation since the internet.
Dangerous for the establishment that is. Sound too good to be true? In theory the hype is accurate. We are talking about a currency that is allowing people to bypass govcorp’s thoroughly controlled and corrupt monetary-financial system.
The internet democratized information by offering a decentralized communications medium for everybody. Bitcoin promises to do for money what the Internet has done for information. There is no logical, practical, or moral reason to prevent money from flowing just as freely as information does now. Bitcoin is enabling people to circumvent our current coercive and hyper-regulated financial-monetary system.
The creation and management of currency is a universal right that has been monopolized by the banksters. It is no less invasive than being charged for the air you breath. Currency is congealed energy. We take in light energy from the sun in the form of food and convert it into work.
The raw energy we expend in the form of work is transformed into whatever we produce. Nowadays we exchange our effort for gelled units of energy called money. Prior to the invention of money we traded what we hunted, farmed, found or made for other items generated in a similar fashion. The use of money, a medium of exchange, facilitated the exchange process as societies grew more complex.
As you can see currency in its most fundamental form is anything we can use for trade. Why should money or currency be the monopoly of one particular entity—the central banking system?
In a fair and open society, money would be created in proportion to what is produced. Today money is produced by merely making an entry into a ledger and on the avaricious whim of central bankers and their partners in crime. They own the printing presses and they have the backing of arbitrary and self serving law making/enforcement agencies whose “legitimacy” is backed by nothing more than the sheer force of ruthless alpha males.
“The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it.” — Money: Whence it came, where it went – 1975, p15 –John Kenneth Galbraith, Economist, Former US Economic adviser, once President of the American Economic Association, Harvard and Princeton Professor, Author and former US Ambassador to India
There is no valid reason as to why governments cannot print or mint their own interest free money. In fact the constitution grants our government that right. But today we have a wholly
superfluous parasitic private agency that is authorized to print the money it then lends to the government at interest! Interest you and I pay in the form of needless taxes!
This is an utterly unnecessary situation! It is a situation that several early US Presidents risked their lives in order to avoid. Alas, the banksters won when the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. The current financial-monetary system is nothing less than the biggest and most sophisticated scam in the history of humankind!
When asked what his greatest accomplishment had been during his two terms
as President, Andrew Jackson replied “I killed the Bank.”
He was talking about our country’s second central bank. It would later reincarnate as the Federal Reserve
For more in depth information on our monetary system please see Understanding the Banking-Monetary System And Why We Must Reform Them.
Bitcoin or something like it promises to restore the creation of currency to the commons. Nobody should be able to track our expenditures or have a say as to how we should manage and use our money—our life force. The creation of currency is rightfully a service provided for and by the commons.
Bitcoin promises to deliver on all of the above. Bitcoin is a new venture that is still rough around the edges, but it should be investigated and watched closely by all who care to usher in a more fair and balanced world. The commons is bound to debt slavery until we regain our rights around currency production-management and self determination.
WHAT IS BITCOIN BY OTHERS?
Bitcoin P2P Currency: The Most Dangerous Project We’ve Ever Seen
by Jason Calacanis and the LAUNCH team
A month ago I heard folks talking online about a virtual currency called bitcoin that is untraceable and un-hackable. Folks were using it to buy and sell drugs online, support content they liked and worst of all — gasp! — play poker.
Bitcoin is a P2P currency that could topple governments, destabilize economies and create uncontrollable global bazaars for contraband.
After month of research and discovery, we’ve learned the following:
- 1. Bitcoin is a technologically sound project.
- 2. Bitcoin is unstoppable without end-user prosecution.
- 3. Bitcoin is the most dangerous open-source project ever created.
- 4. Bitcoin may be the most dangerous technological project since the internet itself.
- 5. Bitcoin is a political statement by technotarians (technological libertarians).*
- 6. Bitcoins will change the world unless governments ban them with harsh penalties.
What Are Bitcoins?
Bitcoins are virtual coins in the form of a file that is stored on your device. These coins can be sent to and from users three ways:
- Direct with peer-to-peer software downloaded at bitcoin.org
- Via an escrow service like ClearCoin
- Via a bitcoin currency exchange
Each owner transfers the coin to the next by digitally signing a hash of the previous transaction and the public key of the next owner and adding these to the end of the coin. A payee can verify the signatures to verify the chain of ownership.
The benefits of a currency like this:
- Your coins can’t be frozen
- Your coins can’t be tracked
- Your coins can’t be taxed
- Transaction costs are extremely low (sorry credit card companies)
Who Invented Bitcoins?
An individual with the name — or perhaps handle — of Satoshi Nakamoto first wrote about bitcoins in a paper called Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. This person has stepped back from the project and trusted Gavin Andresen to take charge as the project’s technical lead.
Electronic Frontier Foundation calls Bitcoin “a censorship-resistant digital currency.”
“Bitcoin is an intriguing project and worth watching to see how it develops in the coming years”~ EFF
Rick Falkvinge-why I’m putting all my savings into bitcoin.
Rick Falkvinge is the founder of the original swedish pirate party and writes an informative article describing why he spent all of his life savings buying bitcoin.
PLACES ACCEPTING BITCOIN
The Bitcoin ecosystem is mushrooming as you read this. Coinmap.org alone lists over 3000 places that accept Bitcoin worldwide. At present anything you can buy with traditional currencies you can buy with Bitcoin. You can even buy a trip into orbit around the Earth via Virgin Galactic.
- Essential Online Tools to Protect Yourself from Invasive Government-Corporate Surveillance
- STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage
- A Review of the Most Awaited Day in History D21-2012: The Grains of Truth and an Expose´of Those Who Obscured It
- Why January 1st is Not the Start of the New Year
- The People's Endgame: When Debt is Fraud, Debt Cancellation is the Only Remedy!
- DEBT JUBILEE: An Emerging Global Consensus!
- The Long Tradition of Collective Debt Cancellation in the Ancient Middle East
- Anthropologist Dr. David Graeber on the Necessity of a Debt Jubilee
- CALL FOR A GLOBAL JUBILEE: Why and How to Celebrate December 21st, 2012
- Searching for A Universal New Year: In Honor of August 13th or "The Day the World Began"
- Targeting a New World Age: At the Cross Roads of Cosmic and Earthly Synchronicity
- Cosmic Convergence: May 20th's Ring of Fire and Its Connection to December 21st 2012
- Anticipating Personal and Collective Shifts in Relation to MAC Time Science
Quote of the Day
Connect with me
Time for a Global Jubilee pt1
Anthropologist David Graeber on the Necessity of a Global Jubilee
Time for a Global Jubilee pt2
Anthropologist David Graeber on the Necessity of a Global Jubilee
PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT
Any bright future for Planet Earth lies with the Emergence of a Planetary Culture
Uprising 2012 and Beyond
A Message from the Freedom Informant Network Find your voice and let it be heard. !
The Time Is Now
"The Time Is Now: When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty" Iraq War Veterans Against War
EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS
This is the horror produced by war and if you are silent about this then you are complicit in the death and maiming of innocent children wherever the US Gov't wages wars or supports them.
People are taking matters into their own hands. We are not waiting for our gov't's to change our world. We don't have an eternity to course correct.
- Emergent Culture | syndax vuzz on The Democratization of Money: Is Bitcoin the Currency of Liberation?
- Rohaan Solare on The Learning Center on Tzolkin Cosmology: Beta Version Online version
- Maya Todorova on The Learning Center on Tzolkin Cosmology: Beta Version Online version
- Rohaan Solare on Searching for A Universal New Year: In Honor of August 13th or “The Day the World Began”
- Raah Sirus on Searching for A Universal New Year: In Honor of August 13th or “The Day the World Began”
- JohnPozzi on DEBT JUBILEE: An Emerging Global Consensus!
- Rohaan Solare on STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage
- Denis Frith on STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage
- vernon muir on A Review of the Most Awaited Day in History D21-2012: The Grains of Truth and an Expose´of Those Who Obscured It
- Rohaan Solare on A Review of the Most Awaited Day in History D21-2012: The Grains of Truth and an Expose´of Those Who Obscured It