Know Your Culture
Sunday, February 13, 2011 22:02 - 6 Comments
Metaphoralize, a new term I’ve coined to better define an aspect of story telling whereby reality is described by a story teller or author in the universalized big picture language of imagery.
The idea is to creatively convey large chunks of information via setting, image, symbols and story character actions. A picture truly is worth a thousand words.
Mythologize is the classical term to used to define what I think metaphoralize conveys more concisely and without too much explication.
The problem with mythologize is that most people don’t understand the basic premise of mythological studies.
Most equate myth with non-truths when in actuality a mythic story is a true account told in symbolic terms.
We live at a time when the vast majority has become mythically illiterate and we interpret in literal terms what should be understood in symbolic or mythic terms—think Biblical Christianity.
In my latest article, The Global Awakening has arrived, Egypt and Revolution, I refer to an image of Neo awakening from his state of ignorance about the Matrix’s existence to illustrate what what I mean by awakened and to introduce the term metaphoralize.
What follows is the caption of the image in question.
My study of mythology has led me to conclude that all of our great stories are conscious and/or unconscious projections or some combination thereof, of the total human condition as uniquely metaphoralized by each author.
We have grown ignorant of this truth and the great masses fail to glean the essential message embedded in the imagery, actions and key ideas of mythic texts and movies of epic proportions. The Matrix movie is one such example.
The Matrix is a metaphorical rendition of the fix we find ourselves in. Neo’s home within the Matrix is a bubble. A bubble reality created by those who run the matrix reality show. Matrix inhabitants think they are free and awake. But they are unaware of their actual condition. They are ignorant of the illusion of reality created by the masters and architects of the Matrix (govcorp).
The feed going into the back of Neo’s head is the “official and authoritative” reality input (Mainstream Media TV = Govcorp broadcasts ) per the dominant religious, secular and commercial agencies. The feeds going into Neo’s body are the various laws and schemes (bailouts) that extract wealth from us in the form of taxes and various financial system riggings.
The Matrix is in my assessment a metaphoralization of the Current World System. That is the legal and teeth bearing framework of the social-cultural construct we call civilization and the government sanctioned narrative that goes along with it.
The net effect of a mythically illiterate public is that most fail to get the essential messages and they leave the movie theater awed by the special effects and thinking they just saw the latest and coolest sci-fi flick, when in actuality they have just witnessed a metaphoralized portrayal of their very own psycho-socio-cultural condition.
The following video clips tell the story of the past and present human psycho-socio-cultural condition, but in unequivocal literal terms. The videos are well done, spot on and comprehensive yet cumulatively they tell a very deep and ultra complicated story in 30 minutes. Each video focuses on a slightly different aspect of our socio-cultural system.
The point of what is shared is not to point blame or perpetuate victimhood, but to expose the overarching social-cultural dynamics at work.
In order to create real and lasting change the root source of our problems must be identified or else we are treating only the symptoms and not the cancer itself.
As Thoreau would say “strike the Root”…
“There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to the one who is striking at the root”
~ Henry David Thoreau
Key Concepts and Commentary
Outright slavery comes first, next come the more sophisticated psycho-social conditionings and strategies to makes each successive generation easier to manage and to keep up with an increasingly wary and more difficult to manage subject (farmed) class.
In a world dominated by exploitation a domesticated human being is the greatest natural resource.
Threat of harm, death, fines and imprisonment as primary means of gaining compliance from the farmed (subject) class.
Human farming, human husbandry…yes humans as livestock. In the movie The Matrix we are depicted as an energy source, as batteries for the system.
A public education is actually a process by which to inculcate that the government is benevolent, worthy of our loyalty, legitimate and credible.
Those most effectively indoctrinated act as defenders of the system. Remember how the agents in the Matrix could manifest themselves through anybody? The Dept. of Homeland Security is promoting all sorts of snitch programs.
Continual use of external threats (terrorists and commies everywhere) to justify government on the grounds that we need their protection.
- STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage
- A Review of the Most Awaited Day in History D21-2012: The Grains of Truth and an Expose´of Those Who Obscured It
- January 1st is Not the Start of the "True" New Year
- CALL TO ACTION ! Let's Declare a Year of Jubilee on the Most Awaited Day in History !
- THE PEOPLE'S ENDGAME: When Debt is Fraud, Debt Cancellation is the Only Remedy!
- DEBT JUBILEE: An Emerging Global Consensus!
- The Long Tradition of Collective Debt Cancellation in the Ancient Middle East
- Anthropologist Dr. David Graeber on the Necessity of a Debt Jubilee
- CALL FOR A GLOBAL JUBILEE: Why and How to Celebrate December 21st, 2012
- Searching for A Universal New Year: In Honor of August 13th or "The Day the World Began"
- Validating Terrence Mckenna's Timewave: Global Crisis has Entered a New Intensity Phase
- Targeting a New World Age: At the Cross Roads of Cosmic and Earthly Synchronicity
- Cosmic Convergence: May 20th's Ring of Fire and Its Connection to December 21st 2012
New Visitors since January 2011. EC.Com has been online since November 2008
Quote of the Day
Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook
Time for a Global Jubilee pt1
Anthropologist David Graeber on the Necessity of a Global Jubilee
Time for a Global Jubilee pt2
Anthropologist David Graeber on the Necessity of a Global Jubilee
PLANETIZE THE MOVEMENT
Any bright future for Planet Earth lies with the Emergence of a Planetary Culture
Uprising 2012 and Beyond
A Message from the Freedom Informant Network Find your voice and let it be heard. !
The Time Is Now
"The Time Is Now: When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty" Iraq War Veterans Against War
EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS
This is the horror produced by war and if you are silent about this then you are complicit in the death and maiming of innocent children wherever the US Gov't wages wars or supports them.
People are taking matters into their own hands. We are not waiting for our gov't's to change our world. We don't have an eternity to course correct.
- Running Toward Goliath–Part 1 | And So I Asked… on UNDERSTANDING BANKING, The Monetary System And Why We Must Reform Them
- Andrew on Excerpts from Joseph Campbell’s “Transformations of Myth Through Time”
- Emergent Culture – STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage on We are Done with Civilization 1.0: A Planetary Culture is What Comes Next !
- Emergent Culture – STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2013: The Endgame Enters a Critical Stage on STATE OF THE WORLD REPORT 2012: World on The Brink of The ENDGAME?
- Pineal Squeeze, DMT, and Solar Flares « redcrystaldragon.com on SPIKES IN EARTHQUAKE FREQUENCY and Intensity Linked to Tzolkin Cycle Hyper-Days
- Rohaan Solare on Deconstructing the Biblical “Fall of Man”: Insight Into The Source Of Our Misery—Ancient And Modern
- Jeff Browning on Deconstructing the Biblical “Fall of Man”: Insight Into The Source Of Our Misery—Ancient And Modern
- Kyle Kurbegovich on Validating Terrence Mckenna’s Timewave: Global Crisis has Entered a New Intensity Phase
- WHY GLOBAL WARMING Is The Least of Our Concerns | syndax vuzz on WHY GLOBAL WARMING Is The Least of Our Concerns
- vernon muir on A Review of the Most Awaited Day in History D21-2012: The Grains of Truth and an Expose´of Those Who Obscured It